Wednesday, June 11, 2008

NBA Final Game 4 Pick

Lady G stands for Lady Green sticking with Boston +7.5 over LA.

I was chuffed to win on points in game 3 with +9.5. It may just be our poor Canadian coverage of hoops, but our national newspaper posted the initial line for game 3 as LA -6.5. When I saw the spread at 9.5, I didn't have the heart to back Kobe giving that many points. He may not be very likable, but even I have to admit that Kobe carried the Lakers last night.

Taking Boston +7.5, I'm definitely letting heart rule head -- a mistake I swore I would never repeat after previous toy boy Reginald. But, at least in this case the stakes aren't as great playing a non-profit pool with pocket money on the line compared to the significant financial and emotional losses I suffered untangling myself from that no-good Reginald.

My results so far against the spread:

All my picks 44 wins 37 losses 2 ties (54%)
My overdog picks 42-32-2
My underdog picks 2-5
Spread a factor: 2-9-2

A plain-vanilla, "homer rules" strategy leads the way at 48-33-2 (59%) followed closely by all-overdogs at 47-34-2 (58%).

Current toy boy Archibald remains unbeaten with his Euro Cup 2008 soccer football picks -- 16 points so far in his non-profit office pool with each player choosing 8 countries and earning 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and points + or - for net goal difference.

No comments: