Tuesday, November 6, 2007

NFL Week 9 Results

All my picks 7 wins 7 losses
My home overdogs 2-0
My home underdogs 3-1
My road underdogs 2-5
My road overdogs 0-1
Spread a factor 1-1
Lady G’s best bets 1-3
Readers’ choice (TAMPA BAY -3 over Arizona) 1-0

For the season so far:

All my picks 64-59-7 52%
My home overdogs 18-18-2 50%
My home underdogs 15-11 58%
My road underdogs 21-21-4 50%
My road overdogs 10-9-1 53%
Spread a factor 11-9-7 54%
Lady G’s best bets 12-21-2 37%
Readers’ choice 2-5-2 33%

“Homer Rules!” was the theme last week with visitors clocking in at 3-11. Overdogs finished 8-6 marking the 4th consecutive week of underdogs submitting to overdogs – a reversal of the usual betting hierarchy. How long can this last?

Under the circumstances, I’m happy with my steady as she goes 7-7 record for week 9. My record for the year is one win ahead of a plain-vanilla, all-underdogs strategy. So far, I’ve had 5 weeks with more winners than losers, two 50/50 weeks and only two weeks as a net loser.

At 37% for the year so far, I’ve thought about giving up on best bets. But, it’s a fun feature for weekly polls, so I will stick with it. The poor record to date of best bets demonstrates the greater volatility of smaller samples. I can’t help but note that the same problem applies to men – e.g., my ex-boyfriend Reginald.

I’ve got a busy Thursday coming up taking current toy boy Archibald’s dad to the doctor in the morning and then off to see the Police in concert in the evening with Archibald. So I may not post my week 10 picks until Friday.

Scroll to the bottom of the screen for this week's poll on who has the best chance of stopping the Patriot juggernaut.

No comments: